25 February 2013

You Remind me of the Babe...

As a kid, I was always a fan of Jim Henson's films, particularly Labyrinth.  I loved it for the fantasy, touch of romance, and adventure, not to mention that the main character and I share the same first name!  A few years ago I was thrilled to discover that a manga series continuing the story was coming out.  Boy was I disappointed   It had almost nothing to do with Sarah, or developing the relationship between she and Jareth.  I figured I would stick to reading badly written fanfiction after that.

Then there was a break from the disappointment.  I recently discovered that the Disney and the Jim Henson estate has given the green light for a prequel to the Labyrinth to be printed.  Titled on Amazon simply as Jim Henson's Labyrinth, it will tell the story of how Jareth became the Goblin King. It is written by Ted Naifeh and Adrianne Abrose and illustrated by Cory Godbey.  I really hope I am not as disappointed as I was with the other series, but from the description, this looks quite promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment