21 July 2015

Giselle progress

I took a break from the dress over the weekend to spend time with my husband and Baby Who.  He works every day, so I took Saturday morning and early afternoon to just crash with them, make pizza and be a family.  When you're working on any project, it's important to take some time out to spend with those you love and just relax.  It also can give you some perspective on what you've worked on, and where you're going next with said project.

On Sunday, I had to make a stop at the Dollar Store and I found the perfect flowers for the front of the dress! The colour matched the flowers I had painted, so I was very pleased with that find. Monday, the eyelet lace I ordered for the overskirt arrived, which I was really pleased with.  I also ordered the wig for the costume, which I will post photos of when it arrives along with a review.  It was from a wig seller on Ebay for a great price, so we'll see how the quality holds up.

I've spent the last two days working on the second overskirt panel, with lots of interruptions to play with Baby Who, who has discovered that he can get mum's attention by crawling up to my feet and "talking" to me.  He's nine months this week, and is commando crawling and learning to sit up.  When I take breaks with him, we are working on learning to sit up and stand.  He loves standing, but sitting up on his own is something he is really not a fan of.

Last night after I put him to bed, I completed the second panel, which I was really pleased with.  However, last night I had to deal with Baby Who teething, so I was up quite a bit comforting him and didn't get much sleep. I started panel three this morning, but I don't think I'll have that done until Friday at the rate I'm going lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment